background

Followers

crafts u print

Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Thursday 23 September 2010

Altered Frame

I have been busy yesterday altering a frame for my sons girlfriend Emma, She still hasn't seen it yet, hope she likes it, she loves pink.
Well it started out like this, plain and boring 

 Covered the frame with papermainia love hearts scrapbook paper, then mod podge over the top.
 I added a few feathers and some of my hand made flowers that I did using some punched out scallop circles, I punch out 3 using an SU punch, Then put a brad in the centre to join them all together, then I spray each layer with water, get it really wet and scrunch into the middle ,spray the next two layers again scrunching into the middle , then do the same with the bottom layer, then i use a poky tool to gently open each layer, spay with glimmer mists and leave to dry, when dry they stay in the flower shape. 
I have also made the roses using  Penny Duncan's flower SVG files, If you follow my blog you will know that I cant stop making these flowers, you can get Penny`s file from her blog, THANKS PENNY  you know I love them

Then I added some wide pink ribbon tied in a bow then made another bow out of seam binding that I coloured myself, using cosmic shimmer sprays, stuck to the first bow and wrappers it around the tails
Here is the finished frame
I added a photo of the two of them but she can swap it if she likes, just need to do another for other sons girlfriend, then i bet daughter will want one toooo, watch this space

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean frame... I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous....I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Wendy,
    Love what you've done with this frame. I am sure that your son's girlfriend will absolutely love it. I don't blame the rest for wanting one, too. I am sure that your son will be proud, when he sees your creation. Handsome couple! Its just lovely. TFS, Mima

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Wendy, I wish i could do altered art. Not very imaginative when it comes to it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Wendy she'll love it
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! You did an awesome job on the frame!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wendy....I came by to THANK YOU for your awesome comment on my blog and LOOK at the GORGEOUS eye candy I get to see!!! Don't you just LOVE to alter frames!!!!! They are so fun and have such a great purpose!!! I LOVE these!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments,I read all comments before posting,
Please visit again