background

Followers

crafts u print

Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Saturday 24 March 2012

Gemstone Tree

 I saw one of these in a shop and being a true crafter thought.
I must have ago at making one He He.

 I have used Black Onyx chips that I had in my bead box.
The wire is 24 Gauge I then attached a chip to the middle then twisted into the tree shape
 Then I hot glued the bottom of the tree to the Tea light holders, then filled with layers of gravel using more hot glue and pressing each layer of stones well into the glue, this then holds the tree upright 
 A few close up of the base of the tree with the gravel chips, as I said they are all hot glued down so no spillage and the tree is easy to transport 
Straight after making this tree I made a Jade one again using Jade Gem chips,
This one is waiting for a base, I am looking for just the  right stone to glue it onto with Roots curling around the stone.
When it is finished I will post a few photos.
Thanks for stopping by.
I would love to hear what you think
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, What a beautiful creation its so lovely:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely tree looks like it took ages
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous honey - see this is why I gave you the blog award.. you're truly amazing!! Smiles.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Wendy, that's absolutely gorgeous... My grandmother used to have a Chinese one with flowers and leaves made from different stones. It was "planted" in a traditional bonsai pot. I don't know what happened to it. Seeing yours brought back lots of lovely memories!

    Thanks for your emails re my blogger woes... I'm still no further on with it and have hardly any hair left after all the hair tearing today. I can't work out what I'm doing wrong but I can't get the background picture big enough, whatever I try.

    Hugs,
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments,I read all comments before posting,
Please visit again