background

Followers

crafts u print

Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Thursday 12 November 2015

Felt Gingerbread Man Garland and Template


Spent a few evenings hand sewing this cute little Garland together.
There is no reason why you cant quicken this project up by using a sewing machine.
I just liked the look of the running stitch and blanket stitched edges .
I have tried to make each little man a little bit different.
As you can see in the photo below.
added some Ric Rak and crosses to give them an iced decoration look .
I started sewing the edges with white embroidery thread, but ran out.
I didn't want to wait until the next day, so just used white yarn for the others,
cut their scarf's from strips of felt 


For the heart, I just drew it onto fabric, did a little running stitch on the line I had drawn.
Stuffing the heart just before getting back to the beginning .
Then using Pinking scissors I cut around the edge following my sewn line.
Just be careful you dont cut into your stitches.
best thing about making your hearts this way 
No turning the right way out.
They have a nicer shape and look way cute with the pinked edges

I have added the Template I drew for the Gingerbread Men and heart.
Just save print on A4 paper in print in landscape.






I am halfway through making a Snowman Garland, I will post when its finished


Thanks for looking.
Please leave a comment

Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments,I read all comments before posting,
Please visit again